Table of Contents
The Video Editor app (Movie Maker) on Windows 10 is one of the least difficult and most advantageous video editors out there. This device has been broadly used for anything, from baseline video alters to stitching together half-nice advertisements. Nonetheless, throughout the years there have been complaints from certain users of the shortfall of sound from their running Video Editor app projects. If you, as well, are one of those troubled users, this article is for you.
No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor
Today we will examine a portion of the remedial measures you can take if there is no sound in a Video Editor project that you are working on.
- Restart the Windows Audio administration
- Turn off DTS Sound
- Convert the video file’s organization
- Change Sound settings
- Run Movie Maker in Compatibility mode
1] Restart the Windows Audio service
It is profoundly plausible that this issue with your PC’s sound, as the majority of them, is linked with the Windows Audio administration and if that truly is the situation, then restarting it will get the job done for you. Here is the means by which it’s finished:
- Press the Windows key alongside the ‘R‘ button to open the Run order.
- Type ‘services.msc‘ in the case gave and press enter.
- This will open a different Services window. Here, find Windows Audio, right-click on it and click on ‘stop’.
- Again right-click on a similar setting and select ‘start’.
There is an elective approach to this, which is depicted underneath:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Click on Services and search for AudioSrv.
- Right-click on it and select Restart.
Give playing the video a shot of Movie Maker to check whether it has regained the sound.
2] Turn off DTS sound
DTS is short for Digital Theater System. As the name recommends, it’s a Windows utility that offers users multi-channel and sound system sound yield. While this element proves to be useful every so often, it might likewise be the cause behind the current issue. In this way, users can have a go at turning the DTS sound element off as well, by following the steps beneath:
- Search for DTS Sound in the hunt sheet on the Taskbar.
- Turn off the DTS sound by clicking on the force button (on the left). A turned gray out window implies that the DTS sound has effectively been turned off.
- You would then be able to check if the issue actually continues with your sound in Movie Maker.
3] Convert the video file’s arrangement
The shortfall of sound from a Video Editor file can likewise be because of an incompatible file format.
For this situation, it is ideal if you convert the video file into an arrangement that functions admirably with Movie Maker, .mov, .avi or .wmv for instance. There are a few applications and online devices that can assist you with doing.
4] Change Sound settings
Disabling the Exclusive mode from your Computer’s Sound settings can likewise help shut down this issue in Video Editor. In request to do as such, you need to follow the steps underneath:
- Right-Click on the Sound symbol that appears on your System Tray and further select Sounds.
- This will open the Sound discourse box that can, on the other hand, be opened through the Control Panel.
- From the Playback segment, select your Audio device which, if you don’t have an outside sound device connected to your PC, are the Speakers.
- In the Advanced tab of your Speakers’ settings, you’ll find the Exclusive mode. De-select every one of the modifications under that name and apply these changes.
Check if the mistake has been excused or not.
5] Run Movie Maker in Compatibility mode
In the event that the product is found to have been disrupted, users can take a stab at running it in the Compatibility mode. A Compatibility mode is a place where a product imitates a more established variant of itself to ensure that the incompatible application can in any case run on the PC. In request to do this, you need to follow the steps underneath:
- Right-click on the Video Editor easy route and further select Properties.
- From the alternatives on the highest point of the Properties discourse box, click on Compatibility.
- Enable ‘Run this program in Compatible mode for‘ and afterward select a Windows form of your decision prior to clicking on Apply and selecting ‘ok‘ to execute the changes.
We trust that one of the previously mentioned arrangements had the option to act the hero and assist you with getting your soundtrack in the Video Editor app. In the tragic situation where none of the techniques bear any organic product, we propose you use a different video-editing stage, since there are a few of them accessible for nothing, as both programming and online apparatuses.