Table of Contents
If you are someone who attends a lot of virtual meetings then Microphones not working as expected can degrade your experience. Thusly, in this article, we present you with probably the easiest solutions to fix Microphones distorted and making a commotion in Windows 10.
Fix: Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10
These are a portion of the things you can do if the audio from your Microphone sounds distorted or is making noises in Windows 10:
- Check Microphone Settings
- Disable Microphone Enhancements
- Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter
Allow us to talk about them in detail.
1] Check Microphone Settings
In this section, we are going to check if your PC’s microphone is set to the one you are using. T
- To do that, launch Settings from the Start Menu and click System > Sound.
- Now, check if “Choose your input device” is set to the microphone you are using, if not, click on the drop-down button and select it.
- You can even check if the sound is working fine by checking the deflection in the “Test your microphone” option when you speak something in the microphone.
2] Disable Microphone Enhancement
If you are facing a Microphone’s sound distortion issue then disabling Microphone Enhancement can settle the issue. To do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Launch Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Make sure that “View by” is set to Large icons and click Sound.
- Go to the Recording tab, double-tap on Microphone, go to Microphone Effects, and untick Disable Microphone Enhancements.
Ideally, this will fix the Microphone distortion and making clamor in Windows 10.
3] Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter
If you are facing any issue related to the microphone, running Recording Audio troubleshooting can fix the issue.
- To do that, launch Settings from the Start Menu and click Update and Security > Troubleshoot > Additional investigators > Recording Audio > Run the investigator.
- Adhere to the on-screen instruction to fix the issue.
Ideally, you are able to fix Microphone distorted and making a commotion in Windows 10 with the assistance of these solutions.