Table of Contents
It might happen that subsequent to installing a Windows Update, Quality Update, or Feature Update, your Windows 10 PC doesn’t boot. For this situation, you may need to uninstall the update. In this post, we will tell you the best way to uninstall the latest Quality Update or Feature Update, when your Windows 10 PC won’t boot, by entering Advanced Options.
Uninstall Quality Update or Feature Update in Windows 10
To uninstall the latest Quality Update or Feature Update, do the following:
- Boot into Advanced Startup Options screen
- Select Troubleshoot
- Select Advanced Options
- Press Uninstall Updates
- Decide to uninstall the Quality Update or Feature Update.
- Stick to on-screen instructions.
Boot into Advanced Startup Options screen
Since your framework doesn’t boot normally, you have the following three options to get to the Advanced Options screen:
Use Installation Media: On the primary screen, search for a link “Fix your PC.” Click on it. It will boot your PC into the Advanced Options screen.
Press F2 or F8: When your Windows 10 PC boots up, press F2 to get to your BIOS settings or press F8 to get to the boot or startup menu. This can shift from OEM to OEM. At the point when you access the boot menu, you may need to press F11 to open the Choose an option screen. From here you need to press Troubleshoot and afterward Advanced Options.
Shut down PC thrice: Abruptly shut down the PC when you have fueled it up. Do it on different occasions. After multiple times this may force Windows to think that there is some issue with your PC, and it will force push the Automatic Repair screen. From here, you can gain admittance to the Advanced Startup Options.
- Once you have arrived at the Recovery environment, click on Troubleshoot.
Select Advanced Options
- You will next be offered two options. Select Advanced options.
Press Uninstall Updates
- On the following screen select Uninstall Updates.
Decide to uninstall Quality Update or Feature Update
Depending on what your necessity is, you may select to:
- Uninstall the latest quality update
- Uninstall latest feature update
Stick to on-screen instructions
- Once you have settled on your decision, you will be offered a screen to choose the specific Update.
- Click on it, adhere to the on-screen instructions, and hang tight for Windows to uninstall the risky update.
- Once done, your system ought to reboot normally.