Table of Contents
While using Google Chrome, some users have reported a red screen scam error. So if you are troubled by the same situation, here’s a list of solutions to help you. You can perform several procedures to Fix Google Chrome Critical Error Red Screen. And for your sake, enable Windows Defender Firewall before implying the drafted steps.
5 Ways To Fix Google Chrome Critical Error Red Screen
Scan Your PC
One big reason for Google Chrome Critical Error Red Screen is because your hard drive infected by deadly malware. So to keep your hard drive protected from viruses and bloatware, I recommend you to use Malwarebytes. Because this antivirus helps the best in case you are facing a Chrome Red Screen error.
Remove Problematic Programs
- Press Windows + I keys to open the system settings.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Locate the programs that you think can harm your computer. Or the ones that you installed before facing this trouble.
- Select a program and click on the Uninstall button.
- Uninstall the other problematic programs by performing the same procedure one-by-one.
Clear Browser’s Cache
- While running Google Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + Del keys simultaneously.
- Select a Time Range of your choice and select what sort of data you would like to erase. (try not deleting the saved passwords)
- After making the appropriate selection, click on the Clear Data button.
- Navigate to Chrome Settings using the menu button.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced button.
- Under Reset and Clean up, click on Restore settings to their original defaults
- Confirm your action and after the successful execution, relaunch Chrome.
Disable Troublesome Addons
- Click on the three-dotted icon in Chrome and navigate to More Tools >> Extensions
- Here, disable the toggles of third-party extensions that are risky.
- After disabling addons, relaunch Google Chrome.
That’s all, keep visiting Windowsboy for more.