Table of Contents
PlayStation users have the option of enjoying their favorite games on PC. But that can only be done if they could connect their DualShock Controllers to PC. That’s why I’ve decided to guide you on How To Connect PS4 Controller to PC (Wired/Wirelessly). You can pick a method depending upon your requirement.
How Do I Connect PS4 Controller to PC (Wired)?
Before connecting your Wired DualShock Controller to PC, please ensure that your Windows 10 is fully updated. To do so, press Windows + I keys and navigate to the Update & Security section. Here, you notified as if there’s a pending update or not.
Updating Windows 10 is nesscary because, in the latest update, Windows supports connection with DS4 controllers by itself. So if your Windows 10 is updated, all you have to do is connect the controller’s cable with your computer. Afterward, Windows 10 will automatically detect and connect with your DS4 controller.
3 Ways to Connect PS4 Controller to PC (Wirelessly)
Using Built-In BlueTooth
- Launch Windows 10 Settings
- Navigate to the Devices tab
- Click on Add BlueTooth or Other Device
- Now switch on your DualShock 4 Controller
- Keep pressing the PlayStation + Share buttons on the DS4 controller until its light starts to blink.
- Wait a while until Windows 10 adds your DS4 controller to the list of available devices.
- Once you see it viewing inside the list of devices to connect with, select your PS4 controller and confirm your action.
Using Input Mapper Software
- Click here to download InputMapper on Windows 10.
- Launch the software’s downloaded file and complete its installation process.
- Connect your DS4 Controller with Windows 10 either by BlueTooth or connector.
- Once the controller is connected, launch InputMapper to fully configure your controller’s settings.
Using DS4 Windows
You can also use DS4 Windows software to Connect PS4 Controller to PC Wirelessly. But it’ll only work after you have connected your PS4 Controller to Windows 10 via BlueTooth. So first, download the zip file of DS4 Windows. Unzip the folder and install the driver files. Now enable BlueTooth on PC and then enable it on your DS4 controller by pressing PlayStation + Share keys. Aftward, the software will detect your connected PS4 controllers automcatically.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.