Table of Contents
The purpose of the Razer Kraken headset is to help individuals make the most out of their games. But some gamers are unable to benefit from this headset’s microphone because of problematic drivers. So here, I’ll discuss ways to Fix Razer Kraken Drivers Not Working on Windows 10.
6 Ways to Fix Razer Kraken Drivers Not Working on Windows 10
- Open Windows 10 Settings by pressing Win + I keys.
- Click on the Update & Security tab.
- Select the Troubleshoot section from the left pane.
- Hit the Additional Troubleshooters link.
- Locate and select the Speech option.
- Now click on Run the troubleshooter
Select Kraken Microphone as Default
- From the taskbar, right-click on the speaker icon and select Sounds
- Navigate to the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the space and select Show Disabled Devices
- Now right-click on your Kraken Microphone and select Enable
- Again right-click on the microphone and select Set as Default Device
- Click on the Ok button to save changes.
Customize Microphone Volume
- Launch the Sounds window again.
- Go to the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the Kraken Microphone and select Properties
- First, navigate to the Levels tab and extend the Microphone array to 100%
- Secondly, navigate to the Advanced tab and change the default format to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)
- Hit Apply and then Ok.
Run Games & Programs with Admin Privileges
- Right-click on the game or program that requires access to Kraken Microphone
- Select Properties and navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as administrator checkbox and click on the Ok button.
RollBack Realtek Audio Drivers
- Launch Device Manager using the search bar.
- Expand the Audio Inputs and Outputs section.
- Right-click on the Microphone Array (Realtek Audio) and select Properties
- Navigate to the Drivers tab and click on the Roll Back Driver button.
Reinstall Kraken Audio Drivers
- From the device manager window, expand the Audio Inputs and Outputs tab.
- Right-click on Kraken Microphone and select Uninstall Device
- While keeping your Kraken headset connected with your computer, restart Windows 10.
- Once the system reboots, it’ll reinstall the missing Kraken Audio drivers automatically.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.