Table of Contents
While running GTA 3 on PC, users may face several troubles. Because the game’s famous among lots of players who love action games. Especially, during the first launch, the game may respond laggy or stop working at some times. So here, I’ll describe methods to Fix GTA 3 Won’t Launch on Windows 10.
4 Ways to Fix GTA 3 Won’t Launch on Windows 10
If you have installed GTA 3 for the first and facing trouble during its launch, it’s probably because of the missing DirectX. Because these directory files are added for users who wish to enjoy pro games and programs with extreme graphics. So it’s better to first install the latest version of DirectX on Windows 10.
Reinstall GTA 3
One corrupted game file can cause errors like GTA 3 Won’t Launch on Windows 10. So the best way to solve the issue that you reinstall it on your system. For that, you’ll be required to uninstall it and then install it again using its official installation wizard.
- Press Windows + I keys to launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Use the search bar to locate GTA 3
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Now download the game’s latest version and install it.
Use a Patch File
- Open the folder GTA 3 wherever you installed it on your computer.
- Right-click the gta3.exe file and select Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) as the compatibility mode.
- Check the Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution checkbox.
- Click on the Ok button to save the changes implied.
- Launch GTA 3 on Windows 10
- Navigate to Options >> Display Settings
- Select your desired screen resolution
- Now again, right-click on the gta3.exe file and hit Properties
- Uncheck the Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution checkbox and click on the Ok button.
- Thereafter, enjoy playing GTA 3 on PC or Laptop.
Support Steam Game Data
- Launch Steam and navigate to Library >> Home
- Right-click on GTA 3 and select Properties
- Open the Local Files tab and hit Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Now do as you are told by the Steam servers to update your game data.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.