Table of Contents
To run system applications, a fully working MMRES.DLL file is required. So when this system file gets corrupted, it becomes a headache to run system operations. Here, I’ve listed methods to Fix MMRES.DLL Corrupted Files in Windows 10. All of the provided methods will help you bypass the error with ease.
4 Ways to Fix MMRES.DLL Corrupted Files in Windows 10
Execute DISM & SFC Scan
- Click on the Windows search bar. If you using the tablet mode on Windows 10, simply press Win + S keys to launch the search facility.
- Type cmd inside the search bar and click on the Run as Administrator link.
- Execute the following DISM command:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the Deployment Image Servicing is executed, run sfc /scannow
- If you are notified about the repair of the default processes, restart your PC.
- Launch command prompt on Windows 10.
- Run the following command on cmd:
- regsvr32 mmres.dll
- Allow your system to register MMRES.DLL peacefully.
Roll Back Windows Update
- Press Windows + X keys to launch the menu.
- Click on the Run link.
- Type rstrui inside the box and press Enter
- If you are unable to locate your desired restore point, check the Show more restore points checkbox.
- Select whatever restore point that’s error-free.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and restart your PC when asked.
There are two ways to replace the corrupted MMRES.DLL files. One method is to export the MMRES.DLL file from a different computer that isn’t responding laggy. For that, you’ll have to first rename the available but corrupted MMES.DLL file and then paste the working file on the same file destination i.e; C:\Windows\System32
Another way to Fix MMRES.DLL Corrupted Files in Windows 10 is to download an error-free version of the file. So click here to download the perspective DLL file on Windows 10. No need for installation, but only move the file to a designated location on C:\Windows\System32.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.