If when you endeavor to install Windows 10 from USB and you experience the error message We were unable to format the selected partition with error code 0x80070057, then this post is planned to help you. In this post, we will walk you through a basic solution to determine this issue.
We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057
If you experience this issue, you should simply format the partition using DiskPart and then retry the Windows 10 installation.
Do the accompanying:
- On the error prompt, click the OK button.
- Then click the X button to leave Windows 10 installation wizard.
- Click Yes to confirm that you wish to leave the arrangement.
You will be gotten back to the first installation window.
- Now, click Repair your PC.
- At the point when the Choose an option screen is shown, click Troubleshoot.
- Then at Advanced options, click Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the command underneath and hit Enter:
At the DISKPART prompt, type the command underneath and hit Enter.
Then, type the command underneath and hit Enter. Replace # with the recorded circle number.
SELECT DISK #
To list accessible volumes in the selected plate, type the command beneath and hit Enter:
Now, type the command underneath and hit Enter to choose the volume/partition you were attempting to install Windows 10 on when you experienced the We Couldn’t Format the Selected Partition. [Error: 0x80070057] error Replace # with the recorded number of the volume.
SELECT VOLUME #
Then, type the command beneath and hit Enter to format the partition:
You would now be able to exit DISKPART, type exit, and hit Enter.
Then, leave the command prompt to sort exit again, and hit Enter.
At the point when you get back to the Choose an option screen, click Turn off your PC.
Now that you have effectively formatted the drive, you can restart the Windows 10 installation – the interaction should finish without the error.