Table of Contents
Many users forget passwords to their accounts and files that are used on a daily basis. While a PDF file is password-protected to protect personal information from getting into the wrong hands. But there are situations when users forget the designated passwords. So here, I’ve decided to deliver a guide about How to open a PDF file if you forgot its password.
4 Ways to open a PDF file if you forgot its password
Through Abode Acrobat
- Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Install the software completely.
- Now launch the password-protected PDF file through Adobe Acrobat
- Navigate to Tools >> Protect >> Encrypt
- Click on Remove Security and select an option depending upon the encryption-level on your PDF file.
Using PDF Password Remove
- Visit the official source to download PDF Password Remover
- After downloading the program’s file, you also need to install it.
- Once the password remover is installed, launch it and open the password-protected PDF file in it.
- Choose where you want to save the PDF file and click on the Start button.
Open with Google Docs
- Open Google Drive on your web browser
- Visit the settings menu
- Check the Convert uploaded files to Google docs editor format checkbox.
- Now upload the password-protected PDF file
- Right-click on the PDF file and click on Open with Google Docs
- Afterward, download the PDF as a Word file on your device.
Use Google Chrome
- Launch Chrome and drag-n-drop the password-protected PDF file on it.
- Press CTRL + P to open the Print menu.
- Select the Destination to be Save as PDF
- Click on the Save button to complete the process.
To avoid any situations of forgetting your passwords, it is recommended that you use a password manager. Lots-n-lots of password managers are available in the market. There’s NordPass, Google Password Manager, Samsung Pass, etc.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.