Table of Contents
Every DLL file serves its unique purpose in Windows 10. So when one of its files gets corrupted, users start to get anonying popups. And I’m here to talk about bypassing one of such issues. Here, I’ll discuss method to Fix Winmm.dll is Missing in Windows 10. So individuals can enjoy multimedia facilities on their computer.
4 Ways to Fix Winmm.dll is Missing in Windows 10
Download & Run Winmm.dll Manually
- Click here to download Winmm.dll file on Windows 10.
- After downloading the file, navigate to C:\Windows\System32
- Locate Winmm.dll file and right-click on it
- Select Rename and name it Winmmbackup.dll
- Now move the downloaded Winmm.dll file inside C:\Windows\System32 directory
- Press Win + X keys and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- Run the following command:
- regsvr32 Winmm.dll
- After the successful execution of the command, restart your PC.
Perform a System Scan
- Click once on the available search bar
- Type cmd in the available space and click on Run as Administrator
- Input the following command and press Enter:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Once the command is executed, run sfc /scannow to help your system check any further errors.
- If you are notified about a repair, close cmd and reboot the PC.
Reinstall the Problematic Software
The Winmm.dll is missing popup only appears when you are trying to run a specific software. Its a possibility that Windows 10 isn’t working with its files appropriately. So it’s better to reinstall that specific software to check if that’s not the case. You can navigate to Settings >> Apps to uninstall that program and then reinstall it on your computer.
Reset Windows OS
- Press Win + I keys simultaneaously.
- Go to Update & Security >> Recovery
- Under Reset this PC, click on the Get Started button.
- Make a selection whether you want to keep your saved files or erase them all.
- Now keep following the prompted instructions to complete this task.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.