Table of Contents
Most people prefer using built-in services in Windows 10. Especially when you have lots of private media that you never want to get into the wrong hands, you wouldn’t bother using any untrusted apps. That’s why users put their trust in the Microsoft Photos app to manage their private data. But there are users who are unable to benefit from such services. So here, I’ve added methods to Fix Microsoft Photos App Missing.
4 Ways to Fix Microsoft Photos App Missing
Execute the Troubleshooter
- Launch Windows 10 Settings using the start menu or search bar.
- Navigate to the Update & Security tab from the Settings window.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option from the left pane.
- Hit the Additional troubleshooter link from the right pane.
- Scroll down to locate & select Windows Store App
- Now click on Run the troubleshooter
- Once the process is completed, restart your PC.
Erase Windows Store Cache
- Press Win + R keys from your keyboard to launch the Run box.
- Inside the Run box, type wsreset.exe and press Enter
- After you are notified about the successful execution of the command, reboot your computer.
Get Microsoft Photos
There’s a chance that your photos app could have been deleted. So it’s better to get the app from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10. But while visiting Microsoft Store, if you are notified that the Photos app is installed, then you’ll have to first uninstall it properly and then reinstall it. For that, you can use the following procedure.
Benefit from PowerShell
- Press Windows + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- Now execute the following commands from inside PowerShell:
- PowerShell –ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
- $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘AppxManifest.xml’
- Add-AppxPackage –DisableDevelopmentMode –Register $manifest
- Once the commands are executed, restart your PC and login with an administrative account.
- Now visit the Microsoft Store to install Photos App.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.