Table of Contents
Every operating system contains a startup sound that users can turn on/off at any instant. But Windows 10 users have multiple options for tweaking sound settings. Here, I’ll discuss more than one way to Enable or Disable Startup Sound in Windows 10. So users can make appropriate changes whenever they want to.
3 Ways to Enable or Disable Startup Sound in Windows 10
Through Local Group Policy Editor
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously from your device’s keyboard.
- Type gpedit.msc in the available space and press Enter
- Go to the following address:
- Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
- Now double-click on Turn off Windows Start Sound
- Select one option as your desire:
- Enable bullet (disable the startup sound).
- Disable bullet (turn on the start sound).
- After making the desired selection, click on the Ok button to save changes.
Tweak Sound Settings
- Launch Control Panel using the Cortana search bar.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound
- From the right pane, click on Sound
- Go to the Sounds tab
- Check the Play Windows Startup Sound checkbox to enable the facility.
- If you want to turn off startup sound, uncheck the same checkbox.
- At last, click on the Ok button.
Customize Windows 10 Registry
- Open the Run box by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type Regedit inside the box and click on the Ok button.
- Go to the following address in Registry Editor:
- Double-click on the DisableStartupSound key.
- Ensure that Hexadecimal bullet is selected.
- Select its value depending upon your needs:
- Enabled: 0
- Disabled: 1
- Hit Ok and close the Registry Editor.
- Now restart your computer to apply changes.
Change Startup Sound in Windows 10
If you are just tired of the same default startup sound, then you can also download a bunch of tracks for free. And you’ll not be asked to configure any settings or install any untrusted software to complete the task. So visit Microsoft Store to download a huge collection of start sounds.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.