Table of Contents
Firefox is the second most preferred chromium-based web browser around the globe. So sometimes its services start to respond laggy and annoying. Many users have complained about being unable to work with the Firefox extensions. So here, I’ve added ways to Fix Firefox Add-Ons Not Working. Readers can benefit from the drafted article to bypass this frustrating error.
3 Ways to Fix Firefox Add-Ons Not Working Error
Enable Firefox Studies
Firefox Studies facility is to help users access newly introduced extensions and add-ons. So before moving on to any lengthy procedures to fix Firefox Add-Ons Not Working Issue, you should ensure that it’s enabled. To do so, implement the following method:
- Launch the Firefox web browser and navigate to its Options
- Now click on Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Scroll down a little to locate the Firefox Data Collection and Use section.
- From there, check the Allow Firefox to install and run studies checkbox.
- After enabling the facility, relaunch Firefox.
Update Firefox Browser
One solution in situations like when Firefox extensions are not responding is to update the browser. So either, users can enable the automatic update option from the settings menu or decide to update it manually from time-to-time. To check and install the updates manually, perform the following steps:
- From Firefox’s home interface, click once on the hamburger icon.
- Now navigate to the Help section and select About Firefox
- At last. Click on the Restart to Update Firefox button.
Note: If the Restart to Update Firefox option is not available, then click on Check for updates. Afterward, if you are notified of a pending update, then install the update without any time.
Visit Firefox Blog
There are times when users have nothing to do with the errors related to Firefox. To check if that’s not the case, you can visit the Firefox Blog on a web browser of your choice. This way, you can acknowledge the situation of errors faced while using this browser. And if the trouble is from the program’s side, then you’ll have to wait for the new update with bugs fixed.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.