A back-up copy of Windows 10 is consistently convenient to have around as you can make bootable media that can be used as a recovery climate for investigating or performing clean installs of the most recent Windows 10. You can likewise use them to make Windows 10 virtual machines using Hyper-V, VirtualBox, or VMware. So it’s useful to know that you can likewise install Windows 10 from your Android smartphone using DriveDroid – in this post, we will walk you through the steps to do exactly that!
Before we start, how about we investigate the essential for this strategy.
What is DriveDroid?
DriveDroid is an Android app that permits you to mount a working framework circle picture and make it go about as an installation media, for example, a bootable USB flash drive or CD/DVD-ROM.
You can use DriveDroid to install a wide scope of working frameworks. It is ordinarily connected with Linux distros, however, you can likewise use it to install Windows 10.
Note: DriveDroid requires Android root access.
Rooting is a cycle that gives you restricted admittance to the device. It permits an app more control and access than a standard app. Rooting is like jailbreaking an iOS device.
If you need to root your Android smartphone, Magisk is the most effortless method to rooting your device – however, you’ll have to take a framework reinforcement prior to submitting because the cycle conceivably includes cleaning your device.
Install Windows 10 from Android phone
You can install Windows 10 from an Android phone using DriveDroid in 5 simple steps as follows:
- Download the most recent Windows 10 ISO
- Download and Configure DriveDroid
- Test your DriveDroid USB Settings
- Mount the Windows 10 ISO in DriveDroid
- Access the Windows Boot Menu
How about we see the depiction of the cycle engaged with each progression.
1] Download the most recent Windows 10 ISO
An ISO image is a sector-by-sector copy of the Windows DVD stored as a solitary ‘.iso’ file on your PC. You would then be able to copy this ISO file onto another DVD, make a bootable USB drive, mount it as a drive letter in Windows, or concentrate its files using 7-Zip.
Using the steps in this article, you can download the ISO pictures straightforwardly, instead of being compelled to use Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool.
After the Windows 10 ISO completes the process of downloading, you need to copy the picture through a USB link onto your Android smartphone in an effectively recollected folder.
Then again, you can just visit aka.ms/Windows10 on your Android smartphone and straightforwardly download the Windows 10 ISO.
When done, proceed with the subsequent stage.
2] Download and Configure DriveDroid
- Download and install DriveDroid from the Google Play Store.
- Open DriveDroid and the app will quickly demand root access, which you should Grant.
- Next, arrange the Image Directory, which is where you store your disc images (ISOs, for example, the Windows 10 rendition you replicated to your device.
- When done, proceed with the subsequent stage.
3] Test your DriveDroid USB Settings
In this progression, DriveDroid will now test the USB connection settings for your Android device. DriveDroid needs to deal with the USB connection as a mass storage device, permitting it to mount your Windows 10 ISO as a bootable picture.
For most users, the Standard Android Kernel is the right alternative. Select the main choice, then press Next. Hang tight for the DriveDroid test file to appear as a mountable drive.
If the device doesn’t appear in your File Explorer, select Choose a Different USB System and attempt once more.
At the point when you cycle through the three essential USB settings and the DriveDroid test file doesn’t appear, you can modify the DriveDroid USB choices from the fundamental page. Tap the cogwheel (Settings) symbol in the top-right corner, then look down. Select USB Settings > Manually Change USB Mode > Mass Storage, then Confirm.
When done, proceed with the subsequent stage.
4] Mount the Windows 10 ISO in DriveDroid
Contingent upon the default picture folder alternative, the Windows 10 ISO may as of now be recorded on the DriveDroid principle page. If not, do the accompanying:
- Tap the Settings symbol in the top-right, then select Image Directories.
- Tap the red hover with a + sign in the bottom corner.
- Now, peruse the folder containing your plate pictures and give access when mentioned.
- Select the right directory from the Image Directory, then head back to the DriveDroid landing page.
- Next, select the Windows 10 ISO, then the Host picture using CD-ROM. A little circle symbol ought to appear on the plate picture, showing it is mounted.
When done, proceed with straightaway and last advance.
5] Access the Windows Boot Menu
In this last advance of installing Windows 10 from Android phone using DriveDroid, do the accompanying:
- Get the PC you need to install Windows 10 on.
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB link.
Next, power on the PC and boot into BIOS/UEFI by keep squeezing the correct key for your framework. The correct key for your framework could be F1, F2, F10, and so on – and it relies upon your maker. You might have the option to see which key, in the bottom left or right half of your boot screen, when your PC is booting.
- In the BIOS/UEFI climate, change to Boot tab.
- Here you will see Boot Priority which will list connected hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and USB drive if any. You can use the bolt keys or + and – on your console to change the request.
- Look down to discover the DriveDroid alternative, named something like Linux File-CD Gadget.
- Hit Enter.
The Windows 10 installation screen will now load, and you can install a spotless form of Windows 10 on your PC.