Table of Contents
There can be lots of reasons why any language wouldn’t be working on a Windows 10 computer. Because besides the English language, the operating system may respond laggy with other language packages. So here, I’ll describe ways to Fix Japanese Keyboard IME Not Working on Windows 10. This way, you can learn how any troubled language IME can be fixed on this OS.
4 Ways to Fix Japanese Keyboard IME Not Working on Windows 10
Select Japanese IME as Default
- Press Win + I keys shortcut to launch Settings
- Navigate to Time & Language
- Click on the Language tab from the left pane.
- Hit the keyboard tab.
- Under Override for default input method, select Japanese IME from the drop-down list.
- Close all tabs and restart your PC.
Add French Input
It may seem odd for adding the French language for fixing Japanese IME, but this trick works like a charm. Because it helps you enable some Japanese characters that aren’t working appropriately.
- Launch Windows 10 Settings
- Hit Time & Language
- Select the Language tab
- Hit Add a Preferred Language
- Type French inside the search bar and select Francais (French)
- After selecting a language, click on the Next button and install it.
- Thereafter, close the Settings window and check if it solves the issue.
Run The Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings window from the Start menu.
- Click on Update & Security
- Select the Troubleshoot tab
- Hit the Additional Troubleshooters link from the right pane
- Scroll down and select Keyboard
- Now click on Run the troubleshooter
- Allow your computer to check for troubles that can be fixed.
Reinstall Japanese Language
- Go to Windows Settings
- Select Time & Language and navigate to the Language tab.
- Select the Japanese language and hit Remove
- After it is removed, click on the Add a preferred language button.
- Locate & select the Japanese language from the appearing tab.
- Hit Next and follow the onscreen instructions to install Japanese IME on Windows 10.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.