Customization of power plans are supposed to help users improve their device’s performance. Its purpose is never to annoy users with lame errors. There are users who are facing the Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing error. For such individuals, I’ve added some workarounds to bypass the issue.
Fix: Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing
Perform a Troubleshoot
- Press Win + I keys to launch Windows 10 Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Click on the Additional Troubleshooters link from the right pane.
- Select the Power tab and click on Run the Troubleshooter
Login With an Administrator Account
It is a possibility that the power plan keeps resetting because you have logged in with a guest account. Or the changes you are trying to make, they are not working because you don’t have the rights to complete this task. So it’s better to log in with an administrator account, so you can make changes depending upon your requirements.
Execute a Clean Boot
- Press Windows + R keys shortcut.
- Type msconfig inside the Run box and hit Ok
- Navigate to the Services tab
- Check the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Click on Disable All button.
- Now right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Go to the Startup tab
- Change the Status for all services as Disabled.
- Afterward, close all tabs and reboot your PC.
Scan for Viruses
There’s a chance that malware is causing Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing error. So for your best interest, you should scan your system for viruses. You can either use a trusted Anti-virus software or just use the Windows Defender service to locate the viruses. For that, navigate to Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Security >> Virus & Threat Protection.
Reset Power Plan
- Press Windows + S keys shortcut.
- Type cmd in the search bar and hit Run as Administrator
- Execute the following command:
- powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
- Close the cmd interface and now change the power plan like you want to.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.