Table of Contents
Download Windows OS Build (21286) on Final Release in November 2020. Windows is ready to launch the OS Build 21286 in January 2021, Below you can see the details of what changes this build will bring with it.
- Release Date: January 2021
- Version: OS Build 21286
Changes and Improvements
Based on feedback, (GitHub issue #1495) we’re adding an option to disable automatic controller-to-virtual-key mapping for UWP apps. If you have a need to do this, add the following registry key, with a DWORD value of Enabled set to 0:
- We fixed an issue causing some Insiders to see a popup that says “Your PC ran into a problem and will automatically restart” after logging in to Windows with either an Azure Active Directory or Active Directory account on Build 21277.
- We fixed an issue where no drives appeared under Settings > System > Storage > Manage Disks and Volumes.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some printers getting stuck on connecting when added from Settings.
- We fixed an issue that could result in sometimes unexpectedly being signed out of apps and websites after rebooting your PC.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Security icon would sometimes be unexpectedly large in the context menu when shift-right-clicking taskbar icons.
- We fixed an issue that could result in MediaTranscoder hanging when transcoding certain files.
- We fixed an issue where audio playing from UWP apps wasn’t ducking after pressing the microphone icon to start Cortana listening.
- We fixed an issue that could result in VPN entries in the network flyout getting stuck at Action Needed until you pressed Cancel and Connect again.
- We fixed an issue impacting touch targeting when resizing windows using touch.
- We’ve made some fixes to our emoji keyword search results based on feedback, including adding a new keyword so that typing “lgbtq” will now return the rainbow flag emoji. Please continue sharing feedback with us in the Feedback Hub under Input and Language > Emoji Panel.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Read Aloud options in Magnifier being unexpectedly greyed out.
- We fixed an issue where the “Help make Narrator better” toggle in Narrator Settings was disabled for Insiders.
- We fixed an issue so that Narrator will now read Excel cell contents when verbosity is set to 2.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator might not announce whether a combo box was in expanded or collapsed state.
- We fixed an issue impacting Narrator’s ability to read the names of certain hyperlinks on websites in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue impacting Narrator’s ability to read code windows in Visual Studio.
- We fixed an issue for high contrast users that could result in Settings crashing when going to Ease of Access.
Read More: blogs.windows.com
How to download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21286:
Today we are going to guide you on how to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21286 – January 2021.
Install Through Windows Update option:
Follow the sequence mentioned below. it will take you to the Windows 10 optional update option.
- Windows Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. Click on the Check for updates button located In the right-hand pane.
When Windows 10 will complete the search, it will show you the update with install and time option if available. Under the updates section, you will also see an Optional Update option. 2021-01 Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21286 for x64-based Systems will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.