Some security warning popups can also be annoying for Windows 10 users. Because sometimes such a dialogue box appears when you are trying to launch a third-party app. So here, I’ll deliver fixes to Allow the Following Program From an Unknown Publisher. All of them are easy to execute.
Disable Allow the Following Program From an Unknown Publisher Popup
Restore OS Registry
- Press Windows + S keys to launch the search bar.
- Type cmd in the available bar and hit Run as Administrator
- Execute the following command:
- sfc /scannow
- When the scan is completed, close the command prompt and restart your PC.
Execute System Scan
- Press Windows + I keys shortcut.
- Select Privacy & Security
- Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Hit Virus & threat protection
- Click on Scan Options
- Check the Full Scan bullet and click on Scan now
Tweak UAC Settings
- Launch Control Panel using the windows search bar.
- Navigate to System and Security
- Click on Change User Account Settings
- Scroll the Notify bar down to the bottom and click on the Ok button.
Schedule Tasks to Bypass UAC
- Open the Task Scheduler utility using the search bar.
- Click on the Action tab and select Create Task
- Enter the name of the task you are trying to create
- Check Run with highest privileges
- Navigate to the Actions tab and click on the New button.
- Select the folder location of the problematic software
- Now navigate to the Settings tab and check the Allow task to be run on demand checkbox.
- Click on the Ok button and close the Task Scheduler
- Right-click on your desktop and click on New >> Shortcut
- Type schtasks /run /TN taskName in the available space. (replace taskName with the name you entered for your task.)
- Hit the Next button and complete the tasks of shortcut creation.
- Right-click on the created shortcut, now select Properties >> Change icon
- Make a selection of your desired icon and hit Ok.
- Now double-click on the created shortcut to bypass unknown publisher warning in Windows 10.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.