A time arrived when Firefox was even close to cross Google Chrome to turn into the best browsing software on the planet. Presently the positioning of Firefox has dropped to third. Microsoft has obtained the previous spot of Firefox. That doesn’t mean Firefox isn’t acceptable any longer. Mozilla is as yet chipping away at firefox to improve it and better for clients. There is a motivation behind why Firefox is known as the best program for Developers.
Like different programs, Firefox additionally gets continuous updates from the designers. As of late Mozilla dispatched an update for Firefox 84, this update for disconnected installers. Individuals utilizing Online installers will get a programmed spring up at whatever point the update shows up.
This update carries minor changes to it. In general, it will improve your Firefox experience. With the dispatch of this update, Mozilla keeps on making the Firefox client’s interface better a lot.
- Previous most recent stable version: Firefox 84
- Release Date: 15 Dec, 2020
- Compatibility: Compatible with Windows (32-bit and 64-bit both), Mac, and Linux
What’s New in this update:
Native support for macOS devices built with Apple Silicon CPUs brings dramatic performance improvements over the non-native build that was shipped in Firefox 83: Firefox launches over 2.5 times faster and web apps are now twice as responsive (per the SpeedoMeter 2.0 test). If you are on a new Apple device, follow these steps to upgrade to the latest Firefox.
WebRender rolls out to MacOS Big Sur, Windows devices with Intel Gen 6 GPUs, and Intel laptops running Windows 7 and 8. Additionally, we’ll ship an accelerated rendering pipeline for Linux/GNOME/X11 users for the first time, ever!
Firefox now uses more modern techniques for allocating shared memory on Linux, improving performance, and increasing compatibility with Docker.
Firefox 84 is the final release to support Adobe Flash.
Fixes in Enterprise Version:
- The WebsiteFilter did not block viewing the source of blocked websites. This was fixed in bug 1465847.
- In some cases, if there was an error installing an extension via policy, other extensions wouldn’t install. This was fixed in bug 1674006.
- On Windows, the uninstaller no longer asks for UAC permission it’s not needed. This was fixed in bug 1639613.
Download Firefox 84 Offline Installers:
- Download Firefox 84 for Windows 32-bit [53.32 MB]
- Download Firefox 84 for Windows 64-bit [54.86 MB]
- Download Firefox 84 for Linux 32-bit
- Download Firefox 84 for Linux 64-bit
- Download Firefox 84 for macOS
These are the ways through which you can check the installed version of Firefox including the following:
- Using Firefox Help
- Using Firefox about: support command
- Using Windows command-line