Table of Contents
Some people are into performing lesser hassle to benefit from their Windows 10 PC or Laptop. For such users, disabling the lock screen would work like a charm. So here, I’ve decided to write about How To Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen. Readers can implement the provided methods without the assistance of any third-party software.
3 Ways to Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen
Edit Group Policy
- Press Win + S keys from your keyboard.
- Type group policy inside the search bar and click on the Open button.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Control Panel >> Personalization
- Double-click on Do not display the lock screen
- Select the Enabled bullet from the next tab
- Click on the Ok button to save changes.
- Now restart your PC to check if it removes the lock screen from Windows 10.
Customize Windows 10 Registry
- Press Windows + X keys simultaneously.
- Select Run from the appearing menu.
- Type Regedit in the available bar and press Enter
- Navigate to the following path in the registry editor:
- Right-click on the right side of the tab and select New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Named the newly created key NoLockScreen and assign 1 as its value.
- After, close the registry editor and reboot the PC.
Change System Apps
- Launch File Explorer in Windows 10.
- Navigate to the following file path:
- Locate the Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy folder.
- Right-click on the located folder and select Rename
- Add .disable at the end of Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.
- It’ll look like Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.disable
- After renaming the folder, close the tab and restart the computer.
Point: In the future, if you want to enable the lock screen in Windows 10, then you just need to reverse the process that you implemented. For instance, If you have added .disable to a folder’s name, then for reversing the process, you just have to remove the added extension and save the folder’s name.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.