Table of Contents
An online user should always be worried about the consequences of a connection with a public network. So it would be better to apply some tricks and acknowledge facts that can be helpful in protecting an online user’s privacy. Here, I’ll be discussing ways to Fix Other People Might See Info You Send Over the Network. Readers are advised to read the provided instructions to avoid this critical network issue.
4 Ways to Fix Other People Might See Info You Send
Always Keep The Firewall Active
- Launch the Control Panel using the Cortana search.
- Navigate to System and Security >> Windows Firewall
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off
- Now turn on the firewall for both Private and Public networks.
- Click on the Ok button.
Disable Network Discovery and File Sharing
- Press Win + X keys to get a menu right-above the start menu icon.
- Select Network Connections from the appearing menu.
- Under Advanced Network Settings, click on Network Sharing Center
- From the left-side menu, hit Change Advanced Sharing Settings
- Expand the Group or Public (current profile) section.
- Now turn off network discovery and file sharing.
- Hit Save Changes
Prefer HTTPS over HTTP
Websites with HTTP protocols are not safe anymore. So it’s for the benefit of users to visit the websites that have HTTPS protocols. If you are getting an online security warning while visiting a website, try not to compromise your online privacy and close it instantly. That’s why I recommend you to use Google Chrome as your web browser. Because it notifies you every time you try to visit an unsecured website.
Get VPN Services
A virtual private network is always preferred by users who care for their online privacy. So if you are getting any kind of info leak issue, then getting a fully-functional VPN works well for you. If you want my recommendation, I always tell my readers to use NordVPN.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.