Table of Contents
There are times when a user gets tired of the Windows 10 updates. So it should be his decision whether to update his operating system or let it be for once in a while. That’s why I’ve decided to write a guide about How To Pause Windows 10 Updates. I’ll present the ways that’ll help you pause the update for 35 days or permanently.
Top 3 Ways to Pause Windows 10 Updates
Through Windows 10 Update Settings
- Launch Windows 10 Settings by pressing Win + I keys from your keyboard.
- Now navigate to the Update & Security tab.
- Scroll down a little and click on Advanced Options from the right pane.
- Under Pause Updates, select a date for temporarily pausing the updates.
- Navigate back to the Update & Security page to check if it works.
Note: You are allowed to pause the Windows 10 update through this method for 35 days.
Through Command Prompt
- Press Windows + S keys simultaneously.
- Type cmd in the search bar and click on Run as administrator
- Execute the following commands after one another:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- net stop dosvc
- All Windows 10 Updates will be stopped permanently.
If you want to resume the Windows 10 Updates again, then you can implement the following commands one-by-one:
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
- net start dosvc
Through Windows 10 Services
- Press Win + R keys from your keyboard.
- Type services.msc and press enter
- From the Windows 10 Services tab, right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer and select Properties
- Click Startup type and select Disabled from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the Ok button to save changes.
- Right-click on Windows Update and select Properties from the Services Window
- From the Startup type menu, select Disabled and hit Ok
- At last, right-click on Delivery Optimization from the Windows Services tab and hit Properties
- Now change the Startup type value to Disabled
- Click on the Ok button and restart your PC.
In the future, if you want to continue getting Windows 10 updates, change back the Startup values to Automatic.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.