Table of Contents
Download Windows OS Build (20251) on Final Release in November 2020. Windows is ready to launch the OS Build 20251 in November 2020, Below you can see the details of what changes this build will bring with it.
- Release Date: November 2020
- Version: OS Build 20251
Fixes that are made in new update
- We fixed an issue resulting in the background of some dialogs to unexpectedly appear grey instead of white in the last couple flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar occluding the Power button in the Start menu for some Insiders recently.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing a SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bug check.
- We fixed a crash with opengl32.dll.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Settings app hanging when checking for updates right after the upgrade.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Settings app sending a notification that just said “new notification”.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Search Indexer not being able to retrieve metadata from HEIF and WebP files, so you couldn’t search for those files using metadata like date taken.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Cast to Device option in Movies & TV (and other media playback apps) not taking any action when clicking on a listed device in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue in recent builds that could result in the screen you were projecting with Miracast freezing shortly after connecting.
- [UPDATE] We fixed the issue causing Windows PowerShell to fail to launch for Insiders on ARM PCs such as the Surface Pro X .
- We’re working on a fix for an issue starting with Build 20236 where installing games from the Store to a secondary non-OS drive will result in the secondary drive becoming inaccessible. To prevent this from occurring you must change the default storage for new content to the secondary drive PRIOR to installing the game. This can be done in Settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Live previews for pinned sites aren’t enabled for all Insiders yet, so you may see a grey window when hovering over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We’re continuing to work on polishing this experience.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue causing some devices to experience a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bugcheck.
Windows Insiders on ARM PCs such as the Surface Pro X will notice that Windows PowerShell will fail to launch on this build. As a workaround, please use “Windows PowerShell (x86)” or “Windows PowerShell ISE (x86)” from the Start menu if you need to use PowerShell. Or download the new and modern PowerShell 7 which takes advantage of ARM by running natively. Plus the icon is prettier.FIXED.
- We’re investigating reports that some users are seeing error 0x80070426 when using their Microsoft account to sign in to various apps. If you encounter it, rebooting your PC may resolve this.
- [ADDED 11/4] We’re investigating an issue where, after taking this build, no drives appear under Settings > System > Storage > Manage Disks and Volumes. As a workaround, you can manage your disks in the classic Disk Management tool.
- [ADDED 11/5] We’re investigating reports that some screens incorrectly have black text on dark backgrounds when dark theme is enabled.
Read More: blogs.windows.com
How to download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20251:
Today we are going to guide you on how to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20251 – May 2020.
Install Through Windows Update option:
Follow the sequence mentioned below. it will take you in the Windows 10 optional update option.
- Windows Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. Click on the Check for updates button located In the right-hand pane.
When Windows 10 will complete the search, it will show you the update with install and time option if available. Under the updates section, you will also see an Optional Update option. 2020-11Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20251 for x64-based Systems will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.