Table of Contents
You may experience Windows Update error 0x800f024b when attempting to download or install a driver for a printer, console, or show connector on your Windows 10 device. For the most part, the issue appears when the driver is either debased or incongruent with frameworks configuration. In this post, we give the most appropriate solutions you can attempt to effectively resolve this issue.
Fix Windows Update error 0x800f024b
Error 0x800f024b on Windows 10 may happen when you attempt to download or update drivers for HP, Lenovo, and so forth, printers through Windows Update. If you’re confronted with this issue, you can attempt our suggested solutions beneath in no specific request and check whether that assists with settling the issue.
- Update drivers
- Rollback the driver
- Install the driver in compatibility mode
- Hide/block the update
How about we investigate the description of the cycle included concerning every one of the recorded solutions.
1] Update drivers
As of now showed, a ruined or inconsistent driver can trigger the Windows Update error 0x800f024b. For this situation, you can either update your drivers physically by means of the Device Manager, or you can download the concerned driver from the maker’s webpage and install it.
2] Rollback the driver
Moving back the driver may tackle the issue. If you have installed an update for your driver or Microsoft gave the driver update, you can rollback the driver to a prior state to restore. This solution will only work if the driver got any update before time, else, you will discover the option turned gray out.
[insert page=’install-kb4580419-for-windows-10-cumulative-update’ display=’excerpt’]
3] Install the driver in compatibility mode
Downloading the most recent driver from the device merchant’s site and installing it may fix the error. If that doesn’t work, you can have a go at installing the downloaded driver in similarity mode. Here’s how:
- Right-click the driver file and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode box
- Pick your working framework from the drop-down rundown.
You would now be able to feel free to install the driver. The driver ought to install without any errors.
4] Hide/Block the update
Microsoft offers an investigating utility that gives a user interface to covering up and showing Windows Updates for specific drivers. The tool won’t annihilate the issue completely yet will hinder the update from Windows Update to keep the pieces from re-downloading and re-installing on your device. Before you can impede the update, adhere to the instructions beneath to uninstall the tainted driver.
- Press the M key on the console to open Device Manager.
- Once you’re inside Device Manager, scroll and find the device with the hazardous driver that is causing the error.
- Right-click on the specific driver and pick Uninstall the driver.
- From the following spring up, check the Delete the driver software for this device box.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once done, you would now be able to Block/hide the update.