Table of Contents
A few users announced that the sound of the PC stopped working totally when they install and update Windows 10. This issue accompanies an error message – No audio input device found. If you are confronting such an audio issue on your PC then this tutorial may assist you with settling the issue.
No audio input device found
To fix this issue, follow the beneath suggestions:
- Run the Audio Troubleshooter
- Update your Audio driver manually
- Download and Install the new driver through Windows Update
1] Run the Audio Troubleshooter
To Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter-
- Type Troubleshoot in the inquiry box, and it will open the Settings.
- Go to Playing Audio and click on Run Troubleshooter.
Stick to the given instructions, and normally the Troubleshooter understands the issue
2] Update your Audio driver manually
The primary method you can attempt to fix this issue is to update your audio driver through the Device Manager. The methodology is as per the following:
- Open Device Manager.
- Double-tap on Audio inputs and output to expand it.
- Right-click on your audio driver and select the Update driver option.
- Select Browse my PC for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Imprint the Show viable equipment, select the driver, and then hit the Next button to continue.
Now let us see them in details:
- Do a right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the user power menu.
- Expand Audio inputs and yield options and search for your audio drivers.
- Once you discover, right-click on it and select Update driver to update it.
- On the next page, you can either look through it online or peruse it from your PC itself.
- If you select Search automatically for drivers, then Windows will search for the best accessible driver and likewise install it on your device. Then adhere to the on-screen instructions to finish the method.
- On the other hand, you can choose to Browse my PC for drivers to discover and install the driver physically.
- Then select Let me pick from a rundown of accessible drivers on my PC to open the rundown of accessible drivers that are viable with the device.
- On the next page, check the Show viable equipment box. Then select every one of them one after another and hit the Next button to update the driver.
Table of Contents1 Fix Windows Upgrade error 0x800705AA1.1 1] Run Windows Update Troubleshooter1.2 2] Run the operation in Clean Boot
Note: Update the Generic Software device first.
Once it effectively updates the driver, close the window, and check whether it explains the issue. If the issue is still there, evaluate the next compelling solution.
3] Download and Install the new driver by means of Windows Update
If the above method doesn’t work, download the driver (if accessible) and then install it. Here is how to do:
- To get it started, open the Windows Settings first.
- Then explore to Update and Security > Windows Update. In the correct sheet, check if there is a link saying View optional updates under the Check for updates button.
- Under Driver updates, check if the audio driver is recorded there.
- If you discover, mark that driver box and click on the Download and install button.
- After the effective installation of the driver, check if the issue is fixed now.