We were recently reported that the Windows 10 and Windows Hyper-V virtual machines are becoming the target of the RegretLocker Ransomware.
In this article, you will find the method to remove RegretLocker Ransomware on Windows 10.
If you are facing similar issues on your Windows 10 devices or Windows Hyper-V virtual machines then this article is for you.
Remove RegretLocker Ransomware On Windows 10
Recently, tech developers have identified new malicious software and classified it as ransomware. This new malicious software is known as RegretLocker.
This new malicious software i.e RegretLocker has been targeting Windows 10 users and infecting their systems with ransomware.
All of the data on the Windows device of the users is encrypted and all of the affected files are appended with the .mouse extension.
Moreover, users are also receiving ransom demands for the decryption of their fils on the Windows 10 device.
How To Remove RegretLocker Ransomware On Windows 10
Follow this method to remove RegretLocker Ransomware on Windows 10.
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen.
- Now, press and hold the Shift button, and click Restart.
- Now go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options and select Startup Settings.
- Then, press the Restart button once again.
- Turns on your PC in Safe Mode.
- Use the Command Prompt and enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Type rstrui.exe and press the Enter button
- A new window will open, click Next and select a restore point that is before the infiltration of RegretLocker.
- After doing that, click Next.
- Finally, click Yes to confirm the system restore.
Here you go, follow the method given above to remove RegretLocker Ransomware On Windows 10.
If you are facing any other issuer on your Windows device then let us know in the comment section below we will try to solve your issue ASAP.
Hope so this tutorial was helpful, We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us.
Regards: Team Windows Boy.