Table of Contents
Download Windows OS Preview (20246) on Final Release October 2020, pre-release. Windows is ready to launch the OS Preview 20246 in October 2020, Below you can see the details of what changes this build will bring with it.
- Release Date: October 2020
- Version: OS Preview 20246
Improvements and fixes:
This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- We fixed an issue causing some devices experiencing a KMODE_EXCEPTION bugcheck when using certain virtualization technologies.
- We fixed an issue causing devices running Malwarebytes Web Protection to no longer be able to connect to the network.
- We fixed an issue causing some devices to receive a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bugcheck on tcpip.sys.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Pick Time button in the Windows Update dialog not doing anything.
- We fixed an issue where hovering over a thumbnail in Task View would display an unexpected border around the item.
- We fixed an issue where chkdsk could appear to be stuck at 100% due to not printing the message saying it was done.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a crash when disconnecting certain audio devices while playing audio in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Update page in Settings could fail to load if connected to a Wi-Fi network with no internet connection.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing sometimes when clicking the Update and Security category.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Storage Settings unexpectedly showing incorrect category sizes (a higher number than what was visible in File Explorer).
- We fixed an issue that could lead to a crash when managing partition size in Storage Settings.
- We fixed an issue that stopped GPU compute scenarios such as CUDA and DirectML not working for some users inside of the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
Read More: blogs.windows.com
How to download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246
Today we are going to guide you on how to download and install Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 October 2020.
Install Through Windows Update option:
Follow the sequence mentioned below. it will take you in the Windows 10 optional update option.
- Windows Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. Click on the Check for updates button located In the right-hand pane.
When Windows 10 will complete the search, it will show you the update with install and time option if available. Under the updates section, you will also see an Optional Update option. 2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.
Information Credit goes to Windows Support.