Table of Contents
Most of the services in Windows 10 are provided for the greater good of users. But sometimes a good service can also be a source of chaos. Many users are aware of the fact that Windows OS keeps a record of installed files in the cache memory. In other words, it’s only to create an automatic backup of installed apps.
To start-over, a user is required to delete backup files in Windows 10. For that, a bunch of services can be acquired to get the job done. So here, I’ll discuss all the solutions to Erase App Backup Files in Windows 10. I’ll also be using third-party software in one method for users who don’t want to follow any hassle.
3 Ways to Erase App Backup Files in Windows 10
Remove from File Directory
- Press Win + R keys from your keyboard.
- Type %localappdata% in the box and press enter
- Locate and visit the Temp folder
- Press CTRL + A keys to select all items and then press the Delete button
- Confirm your action by clicking on the Yes button.
Delete Using Disk Cleanup
- Launch Disk Cleanup using the Cortana Search bar.
- Select C drive from the appearing box.
- Check Temporary Files checkbox
- You can also select other files if you want to.
- After making the selection, click on the Ok button.
Erase Thorugh CCleaner
To Erase App Backup Files in Windows 10, your best option is to use CCleaner. Because this software helps you complete the task of clearing cache memory with a single click. So you don’t have to worry about messing around with the directory files that might also harm your computer.
In addition, you can also use CCleaner to delete the installed programs and files. It also removes the left-over files after the uninstallation of an app. However, it is available in the free and pro version. But the free version is only good for easy cleaning and privacy protection. Click here to download the software.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.