Issues like Error 42127 in Windows 10 are capable of blocking the installation of third-party programs. Because sometimes your Windows firewall or antivirus software isn’t supporting the installation package. But it doesn’t mean that you should disable the antivirus and risk your security.
It is a possibility that the file you are trying to install, it’s causing malfunctioning. So if you are in such a situation, where you are unable to install any further apps because of this error, I’m here to help. I’ll provide a guide about How To Fix Error 42127 in Windows 10. Let’s check how they work for you.
3 Ways to Fix Error 42127 in Windows 10
Install Pending Updates
There’s a huge chance that you are facing a 42127 error in Windows 10 because of a corrupted update. So it’s better if you check if that’s not the case. For that, just launch the Settings app and navigate to Update & Security. From there, see if there’s a pending update or not. And if there is, just allow your operating system to install it.
Restore Windows 10
- Press Win + S keys to launch the Cortana search bar.
- Type Restore in the search and open Create a restore point
- Navigate to the System Protection tab.
- Click on the System Restore button.
- From the System Restore window, hit Next
- Select a recent restore point and click on the Next button.
- At last, click on the Finish button and allow your computer to restart.
Perform a Clean Recovery
- Launch Windows 10 Settings from the Start menu.
- Locate and click on Update & Security
- Select the Recovery tab from the left-sidebar.
- Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10, click on the Get Started button.
- By any chance, the button is not available, click on Get Started that’s presented beneath Reset this PC
- On the next window, select Keep my files
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the job is done.
Important Reminder: There might be a chance that Error 42127 in Windows 10 due to malware. To check if that’s the case, just get a different antivirus rather than Avast. If you are looking for a recommendation, then try-out Malwarebytes.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.