You can never be sure about how long your electronic machine is gonna work for you. Just take an example of AMD computers whose graphic cards can be a reason for errors like Video_TDR_Failure (atikmpag.sys). I’m not saying that there’s no fix to solve this issue, I’m just that you shouldn’t be yet giving hope on your Windows PC/Laptop.
Here, I’ll discuss how you can Fix Video_TDR_Failure (atikmpag.sys) in Windows 10. So before I lead you towards the simple solutions to bypass this error, I would like to tell you that this error is caused because of a little misunderstanding between your software and hardware. It means that it is possible to fix it.
3 Ways to Fix Video_TDR_Failure (atikmpag.sys) in Windows 10
Update the Graphic Drivers
- Use the Cortana search to launch Device Manager
- Expand the Display Adapters catalog.
- Right-click on your graphics card and select Update Driver
- Follow the on-screen prompts to upload the drivers successfully.
Reinstall the Perspective Drivers
- Press Windows + R keys from your PC’s keyboard.
- Type msconfig and click on the Ok button.
- Navigate to the Boot tab.
- Check the Safe boot checkbox and select the Network bullet.
- Close the tab after saving your selections.
- When the Safe Mode boots, launch Device Manager and locate your graphic drivers in it.
- Right-click on each of your graphic card and select Uninstall Driver
- Thereafter, re-install the latest graphic drivers on your computer.
Execute CMD Commands
- After installing the latest drivers, go to the following file path in your file explorer:
- Locate the atikmdag.sys file and right-click on it.
- From the appearing menu, select Rename and type atikmdag.sys.old
- Copy and paste the atikmdag.sys.old file to your desktop.
- Press Wind+S keys from your keyboard.
- Type cmd and select Run as administrator
- Execute the following commands one after another
- chdir desktop
- expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys.old
- Restart your PC.
That’s all, keep following WindowsBoy for more.