Table of Contents
Download Windows OS Build (20231) on Final Release October 2020, pre-release. Windows is ready to launch the OS Build 20231 in October 2020, Below you can see the details of what changes this build will bring with it.
- Release Date: October 2020
- Version: OS Build 20231
This feature is rolling out to a subset of Insiders in the Dev Channel at first, to help us quickly identify issues that may impact performance and reliability. Rest assured they will be gradually rolled out to everyone in the Dev Channel. NOTE: You will see this feature if you choose to reset your PC and when you do a clean install of Windows. You can find the ISO for Build 20231 here on our download page later today.
- Generate Default Application Associations XML file by following this page.
- Manually modify the XML by adding 2 new properties:
- Add Version=”1“ to the DefaultAssociations tag.
- Add Suggested=” True” to any Association tag.
- Enable the group policy to set the default file associations by following this doc.
- Reboot or log in as the user.
Improvements and fixes:
This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- We fixed the vEthernet adapter disconnecting inside of the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Please see this GitHub thread for full details.
- We fixed an issue that could result in your ALT + Tab order changing unexpectedly and leading you to switch to the wrong window.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Action Center and notification buttons not being visible after switching between High Contrast Black and High Contrast White.
- We fixed an issue where the “Show audio alerts visually” option under Settings > Ease of Access> Audio wasn’t functioning for incoming notifications.
- We fixed an issue where if the PC was locked using with Narrator running, dismissing the lock screen wouldn’t announce the signed in username on the login screen.
- We fixed an issue when using Narrator and logging in with Windows Hello, Narrator wouldn’t announce the error message if your face wasn’t recognized.
- We fixed an issue resulting in audio and microphone glitches over Bluetooth for certain devices. As a reminder, when encountering issues in this space, please take a moment to capture a repro trace, as it helps the teams investigate. More details about capturing traces available here.
- We fixed an issue impacting Task View reliability.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Hello setup camera preview in OOBE displaying in the wrong position if you rotated your device into portrait mode during setup.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings hanging on launch for some Insiders.
Read More: blogs.windows.com
How to download, install KB4577063 Windows 10 Cumulative Update:
Today we are going to guide you on how to download and install KB4577063 Windows 10 Cumulative Update [Version 1909, 1903] – May 2020.
Install Through Windows Update option:
Follow the sequence mentioned below. it will take you in the Windows 10 optional update option.
- Windows Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. Click on the Check for updates button located In the right-hand pane.
When Windows 10 will complete the search, it will show you the update with install and time option if available. Under the updates section, you will also see an Optional Update option. 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4577063) will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.
Install Through standalone Installers:
You can also download and install KB4577063 Windows 10 build through Windows Standalone. Once the file downloaded. you can install it on a computer without any Internet connection.
- 2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4577063)
- 2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x86-based Systems (KB4577063)
This link will take you to the list of Windows all patches history. You can download and install any of the patches you want from the list.
That’s all! if you want to uninstall any of the patches, you can do it from the Windows recent update option. For any question use the comment box below. Our staff members will reply to you quickly after concluding the solutions.
Information Credit goes to Windows Support.