While using Windows 10, it’s a possibility that your start getting 0xc00d36e5 error. This problem can be caused due to various reasons. But it’s not like you can’t fix it, you can imply some of the troubleshooting methods to bypass this frustrating error. Here, I’ve listed several solutions to help you on the topic of How To Fix 0xc00d36e5 Item is Unplayable. So let’s start with the easiest method possible to fix the error.
5 Ways to Fix 0xc00d36e5 Item is Unplayable
Use an alternative media player
If you are trying to play a video on Windows Media Player, then there’s a possibility that this software is not working appropriately. To check if that’s the case, you can try using another media player to play a specific video format. As an alternative, you can use VLC or Media Player Classic to get the job done.
Convert the videos to a different format
You can simply change your videos format by using the right tool. There are lots of video converters that even provide free services for such a cause. You can use the Prism video converter software for the cause. I’m telling you to use this utility because it supports 40+ video formats.
Move the video to another pent drive
There’s a chance that your external device isn’t working as it is supposed to. To check that possibility, you can copy and paste your desired media file into a different pent drive. Play the video from that external device to see as if your older device is the cause of 0xc00d36e5 error or not.
Perform a SFC scan
- Press Windows + S keys from your keyboard.
- Type cmd in the cortana search and select Run as administrator
- Inside command prompt, execute the following command:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the successful completion of the command, run the following command:
- sfc /scannow
- Now restart your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.
Run a Clean Boot
- Presss the Win + R keys simultaneaously.
- Execute msconfig from the Run box.
- Select the Selective starup bullet and the two checkboxes beneath it.
- Navigate to Services
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Click on Disable all
- Hit Apply and then Ok.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.