Table of Contents
Recently Microsoft Windows has launched a new update to fix the bugs found in the previous update. However, shortly after the update users have reported that there is a Red X Volume icon showing in the taskbar.
There are plenty of ways that you can follow to fix this issue. But first I am going to tell you about the errors that can cause this error to happen, and how serious this error is.
Two main issues can cause a Red “X” Volume icon to appear in the taskbar.
- There is a hardware failure or malfunction and your PC speakers are not working.
- There is a software malfunction or you have installed the wrong sound drivers which are not compatible with Windows 10.
How To Fix Red X Volume Icon Is Shown In Task Bar – Windows 10
If you are seeing a Red X Volume icon on the bottom right corner of the screen then this article is for you. With the help of this article, you can easily solve this error.
If there is a malfunction in your hardware then this article will not provide much help. Better check if there is any sign of hardware malfunction.
Method 1: Check Audio Drivers
Visit the website of the manufacture of your PC and check if you have accurate audio drivers. Also, see if the driver you have already installed is compatible with Windows 10. If the drivers do not match then download the Audio drivers from the manufacture website and install them.
If you don’t want to use the manual method to download and install audio drivers then you can also use free tools like SlimDrivers and Snappy Driver Installer.
Method 2: Check Drivers Compatibility In Device Manager
Before you download and software tools to automatically download and install drivers you need to check if your hardware is not at fault. this method will determine whether there is a software issue or a hardware issue.
- Press the Windows button and X simultaneously.
- From the menu select Device Manager.
- The device manager will open, here select Audio inputs and outputs.
- Now right-click on the speaker option and select properties.
- A window will open select General from the top of the Opened window.
- Look under Device Status.
- Here you will see if the device is working properly or not.
Method 3: Check the Wire connection
You also have to make sure that the wire connection of your speakers are connected properly if you are using external speakers.
Hope so this tutorial was helpful, We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us.
Regards: Team Windows Boy.