September 2020 cumulative update for Windows 10 is released by Microsoft. This update contains a lot of potential including fixes, improvement and new additions. All content except the procedure is derived from Microsoft Support. So credit goes to the blog.microsoft.com.
IMPORTANT Starting in July 2020, all Windows Updates will disable the RemoteFX vGPU feature because of a security vulnerability. For more information about the vulnerability, see CVE-2020-1036 and KB4570006. After you install this update, attempts to start virtual machines (VM) that have RemoteFX vGPU enabled will fail, and messages such as the following will appear:
- “The virtual machine cannot be started because all the RemoteFX-capable GPUs are disabled in Hyper-V Manager.”
- “The virtual machine cannot be started because the server has insufficient GPU resources.”
If you re-enable RemoteFX vGPU, a message similar to the following will appear:
- “We no longer support the RemoteFX 3D video adapter. If you are still using this adapter, you may become vulnerable to security risk. Learn more (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2131976)”
- Updates to improve security when using input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen).
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in windowmanagement.dll.
- Addresses a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTP-based intranet servers cannot leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if the clients do not have a configured system proxy. If you must leverage a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the Windows Update policy “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.” This change does not affect customers who secure their Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers with the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. For more information, see Improving security for devices receiving updates via WSUS.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
How to download and install KB4571756 Windows 10 Cumulative Update:
Today we are going to guide you on how to download and install KB4571756 Windows 10 Cumulative Update [Version 1909, 1903] – KB4571756 2020.
Most importantly there are important security updates for the following Program.
Install Through Windows Update option:
Follow the sequence mentioned below. it will take you in the Windows 10 optional update option.
- Windows Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. Click on the Check for updates button located In the right-hand pane.
When Windows 10 will complete the search, it will show you the update with install and time option if available. Under the updates section, you will also see an Optional Update option. 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756) will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.
Install Through standalone Installers:
You can also download and install KB4571756 Windows 10 Cumulative Update through Windows Standalone. Once the file downloaded, you can install it on a computer without any Internet connection.
Download KB4571756 MSU for Windows 10 v1903 and v1909
- Download KB4571756 for Windows 10 Version 1909 32-bit [359.6 MB]
- Download KB4571756 for Windows 10 Version 1903 32-bit [113.5 MB]
- Download KB4571756 for Windows 10 Version 1903 64-bit [337.3 MB]
This link will take you to the list of Windows all patches history. You can download and install any of the patches you want from the list.
That’s all! if you want to uninstall any of the patches, you can do it from the Windows recent update option. For any question use the comment box below. Our staff members will reply to you quickly after concluding the solutions.