If you are a user of Facebook, then there’s a pretty good chance that you are also using Instagram. My point is that you can never ignore using this platform because it fulfills all the communication needs. So now a big requirement is that you would also want to use it on a device of your choice.
As Chrome is the most preferred web browser for PC consumers, Instagram users have started to encounter trouble with it. So here, I’ve drafted a guide to help consumers Fix Instagram Not Working on Google Chrome. I’ll provide a couple of troubleshooting tips to get the job done.
5 Ways to Fix Instagram Not Working on Google Chrome
Remove the problematic extensions
- Launch Google Chrome on your device.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+N keys from your keyboard.
- Once the Incognito mode launches, visit the Instagram URL on it.
- If the website is running perfectly, you need to remove the problematic extensions.
- Inside the Chrome menu, navigate to More tools->Extensions
- Disable the toggles of extension that you’ve installed recently.
- Relaunch Google Chrome in the default mode.
Clear the cache of Chrome
- Navigate to chrome://settings/
- Hit Privacy and security from the left-sidebar.
- Click on Clear browsing data
- Select the Time range of your choice.
- Now hit the Clear data button.
Update Google Chrome
- Inside Google Chrome, click on the three-dotted icon.
- Now navigate to Help->About Google Chrome
- Let Chrome check for updates.
- Now perform the action as you are notified on the subject.
Flush the DNS
- Press Windows + S keys from your keyboard.
- Type cmd in the search and select Run as administrator
- Now run the following command in the cmd interface:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- After the successful execution of the command, close cmd.
- Relaunch the web browser and see if you are able to run Instagram on Chrome.
- Press Windows + I keys.
- Navigate to Apps
- Under Apps & features, search for Chrome
- Select Google Chrome and click on Uninstall
- After the web browser is uninstalled, download & install it again from the official website.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.