In the latest update in Windows 10 (late August) there is an extra CD Driver letter also appeared.
The Extra CD drive that in Windows 10 is related to the Realtek LAN driver.
If you dig more you will find an executable file named RTK_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx.exe there are a couple of more files similar to the driver.
In this article, I am going to tell you how you can Remove Extra CD Drive In Windows 10.
How To Remove Extra CD Drive In Windows 10
Assign a new drive path
- Press the Windows+ X key.
- Select the Disk Management option.
- Look For CD driver.
- Right-click on the CD drive.
- Tap on the Change drives letter and paths option.
- Now assign a new path for the drive.
Use a restore point
- Press the Windows + R key.
- In the run dialog, write: rstrui and press OK.
- Select a restore point.
- Wait for about 20 minutes for the process to complete
Restart your device to save the changes.
Eject your drive
- Open the File Explorer window.
- Right-click on the drive.
- Now Left-click on the Eject option.
- This will take some time.
Restart your device when the Eject process is complete.
Use the Recovery option
- Go to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Now click Restart.
These are some of the methods that you can use to Remove Extra CD Drive In Windows 10
Hope so this tutorial was helpful, We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us.
Regards: Team Windows Boy