How you want to treat a Windows Program, right-click let you choose and decide. Similarly, by right-clicking on the taskbar it shows us the options menu. All listed treatments are displayed and it is the most important function of Windows, which is being used in the Laptop in daily routine by most of the users. If the right-clicking is not working, it means your Windows OS is messed up somewhere. Or, if you are using a mouse instead of a touchpad that tries with another mouse.
Fix right-click context menu on the Start Menu and Taskbar
The software factor behind this issue can be the unresponsiveness of Windows Explorer. Other factors that can be a cause of this issue can be like corrupt system files, malfunctioning processes, or irregularities in Windows Registry. Anyhow, we have collected some remedies that can fix the right click not working on the taskbar issue.
- Windows File Explorer runs the graphical interface in Windows. Seldom it needs a quick restart for everything to work usually again.
- You can restart the Explorer process by opening the Task Manager and navigate to the Processes tab.
- Under the tab, look for Windows Explorer, right-click it and then click on Restart.
- This should restart File Explorer as well as the process running the task.
- Now again try to open the right-click menu on Taskbar if it works then well and good.
Otherwise, proceed to the next treatment.
Take help of Registry Editor
- Launch Run on your Windows Laptop/Desktop (Press Win + R).
- Type regedit and press enter, this will open the Registry editor.
- In the left pane, follow to the following sequence:
HKEY_Local_Machine -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> ImmersiveShell -> Launcher
- Right-click on Launcher.
- Expand to New and then click on DWORD (32-Bit) Value.
- Navigate to the WinX folder within your local computer by copying the following command and pasting it in File Explorer.
- Overwrite the folders named Group1, Group2, and Group3 with similar folders.
- Again try to right-click on the taskbar. If this solution also doesn’t work, then no other solution can fix the issue, except reinstalling Windows.