Table of Contents
Windows 10 Cumulative update KB4566116 arrived on 20 August. There are no new amendments in this version but it addresses alot of issues which were found in the previous edition of the “Patch Tuesday”. Let’s have a look at what KB4566116 has brought with it.
This security update includes quality improvements. The Credit of information written under improvements and fixes goes to the Windows Support Page, Key changes include:
- Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system and an identical set of system files. As a result, the new features in Windows 10, version 1909 were included in the recent monthly quality update for Windows 10, version 1903 (released October 8, 2019), but are currently in a dormant state. These new features will remain dormant until they are turned on using an enablement package, which is a small, quick-to-install “master switch” that simply activates the Windows 10, version 1909 features.
- To reflect this change, the release notes for Windows 10, version 1903, and Windows 10, version 1909 will share an update history page. Each release page will contain a list of addressed issues for both the 1903 and 1909 versions. Note that the 1909 version will always contain the fixes for 1903; however, 1903 will not contain the fixes for 1909. This page will provide you with the build numbers for both 1909 and 1903 versions so that it will be easier for support to assist you if you encounter issues.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- This build includes all the improvements from Windows 10, version 1903.
- No additional issues were documented for this release.
- Updates an issue that causes the hard drive to fill up in certain error situations.
- Updates an issue that prevents Microsoft Gaming Services from starting because of error 15612.
- Updates time zone information for the Yukon, Canada.
- Updates a visual offset issue on a touchscreen. Edits you make with a pen or finger appear in a different region than expected if the device is connected to an external monitor.
- Updates an issue that causes the Settings page to close unexpectedly, which prevents default applications from being set up properly.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from unlocking a device if you typed a space before the username when you first signed in to the device.
- Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to open.
2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4566116) will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.
Install Through Update Catalog:
You can also download and install KB4566116 Windows 10 Cumulative Update through the Microsoft Windows update catalog. Once file downloaded. you can install it on a computer without any Internet connection.
Download links for KB4566116 for Windows 10 v1903 and v1909
- 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4566116)
- 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for ARM64-based Systems (KB4566116)
- 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x86-based Systems (KB4566116)
This link will take you to the list of Windows all patches history. You can download and install any of the patches you want from the list.
That’s all! if you want to uninstall any of the patches, you can do it from the Windows recent update option. For any question use the comment box below. Our staff members will reply to you quickly after concluding the solutions.