Not everyone’s ok with downloading files that they only want to view once. There are also some users who want to view PDF files in Chrome. So for users, a default PDF viewer is installed inside the web browser. It helps them view their desired PDF files even without having you download them.
Many Chrome users have shared the same problem that they are being unable to view PDF files in the web browser. For such users, I’ve drafted a guide to Fix Chrome PDF Viewer Not Working. I’ll be presenting several troubleshooting tips to bypass this issue.
4 Ways to Fix Chrome PDF Viewer Not Working
Enable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Launch Chrome Settings
- Click once on Privacy and security from the left-side menu.
- Navigate to Site Settings>>Additional content settings
- Click on PDF documents
- Now if the toggle is disabled, it means that Chrome PDF Viewer is enabled.
Reinstall Google Chrome
- Open Add or remove programs utility from the Cortana search bar.
- Under Apps & features, use the search bar to locate Chrome
- Once located, select it and click on Uninstall
- Afterward, close the window.
- Visit the official Chrome website and download its latest version from it.
- Install the web browser and once its completed, run it and check if the issue is solved or not.
Use an Alternative
It’s a chance that there might be something wrong with Chrome. You can see if that’s not the case, you can check the issue by opening PDF files in some other web browser. If you using Windows OS, then you’ve lots of great options. For instance, Firefox and Microsoft Edge works well for you.
If you don’t want to use any other web browser but still wish to view PDF files on PC, then there’s one option left for you. The software Adobe Acrobat Reader helps you view PDF files and even create the files you want. For further convenience, you can also encrypt or decrypt PDF files.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.