Table of Contents
Like Samsung have Bixby as Voice assistant, Apple has Siri, Similarly, the Windows OS is accompanied by the Cortana. IT is the stock voice assistant of the Windows operating systems. It is activated by default So, Windows OS users can it anytime they want.
Not all people have the same thinking. Voice assistants in Laptops are not so much popular. People still prefer to explore things manually by typing the keywords. In fact, the author of this tutorial doesn’t use the Cortana. So, people like us can disable or permanently Uninstall the Cortana easily within few steps. The procedure is simple only difficult thing is to operate the Powershell. We are easing our users how they can uninstall the Cortana in Windows 10 using Powershell.
If you want to temporarily close the Cortana than you can disable it for time. So, that if you need this feature in the future you can simply enable it again.
How to disable the Cortana in Windows
- Press Windows + I keys from your keyboard.
- Navigate to Apps
- Select Startup from the left-side menu.
- Locate Cortana from the right-side menu.
- Disable Cortana’s toggle with a single click.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type Regedit inside the Run box and press enter.
- Navigate to the following path:
- Right-click on Windows and select New > Key
- Type Windows Search as the name of this key.
- Now right-click on the white empty space from the right-side.
- Select DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it as AllowCortana
- Double-click on AllowCortana and set its value to 0
- Reboot your computer.
How to Uninstall Cortana in Windows
- Launch PowerShell on your Computer.
- Type or copy-paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.549981C3F5F10* | Remove-AppxPackage.
- This will uninstall Cortana for your current user account.
Even you don’t use the Cortana and never used it, Still deleting or uninstalling Cortana Permanently is not a good option. You can disable it forever. Maybe you need this feature in the future. It will be easy for you to revive the Cortana again. And, if you have decided to uninstall Cortana in Windows 10 then steps are mentioned in the above guide.
Thank you for the visit, keep visiting Windowsboy.com for the Windows Ultimate tips and tricks. Moreover, if you have not understood any point in the tutorial, ask us through the comment box.