Table of Contents
The software giant, Oracle has released the latest update of Java. This update is something more than the regular updates. It contains the fixes to vulnerabilities to the previous update. In Java 8 update number 261 those vulnerabilities are fixed. This update is included in the Oracles April security updates and supports all the products where java 8 is being used.
Java is one of the maximum used programming languages withinside the world. Due to the majority of users’ and paintings’ purposes, it is virtually tough for builders to make this language perfect. Probably it’s far the only language this is the requirement of each programmer, developer, and coder.
- Last stable version: Java 8 Update 251
- Latest Java Version: Java 8 Update 261b12
- Compatible OS: Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7, macOS
- Release date: July 14th, 2020
- License: Free
Overall 11 major vulnerabilities are fixed in Java 8 Update 261. The below image shows you all the fixes.
- The rest of the vulnerabilities can be seen through this link (Visit).
Content credit: Oracle
➜ JDK/JRE Runtime Windows Visual Studio Library (DLL) Dependency Changes
- As part of ongoing maintenance, the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 toolchain will be used to build JDK 7 and JDK 8 for Windows. JDK 8u261, in the July 2020 CPU, was built with Visual Studio 2017. With the release of the October 2020 CPU, JDK 7u281 will move to Visual Studio 2017.
- Moving to Visual Studio 2017 for JDK 7 and JDK 8 requires changing the runtime library that the JDK/JRE depends on. Before this change, JDK/JRE implementations used and shipped the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86/x64) that included MSVCR100.dll [a][b]. Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 uses a different set of libraries/DLLs.
Native applications (including JNI) that have depended on and assumed the presence of MSCVR100.dll in the JDK/JRE directory will fail to run. When this happens, users will see an error such as:
“The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”
These applications should be rebuilt and shipped with modern C++ runtime dependencies that use a later instance of Visual Studio. Applications should not depend on DLLs included with the JDK/JRE that are not documented in the product as offering support for the specification or other functionality in Java SE.
Learn more from Java https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jre8-download
How you can update Java Runtime Environment to Update 261 of version 8?
It is pretty easy to update Jave 8 latest version on your computer. First, check the current version of Java which you are using from the settings. People who ask which version of Java should they use. Its pretty simple if you don’t have any specific requirement then use the latest version always.
- Now, let’s move to the procedure. Follow the steps written below to download and install the Java 8 Update 261.
- Visit the official page of Oracle Java Downloads.
- You will see a list of products under the Java SE Runtime Environment 8u261.
- Click on the Download icon beside the product you want to download and install.
Your product will start downloading right after clicking an icon. Remember, you have to accept the license agreements.