Table of Contents
The only annoying feature of Windows 10 OS are the automatic updates. But that’s not all, this operating system also keeps updating the drivers of connected devices. Some users like to stick with the upgraded version, but some like to stop getting the early updates that just put their devices under the bus.
In this article, I’ve written several ways on How To Disable Driver Updates in Windows 10. If you imply the steps I’ve drafted for you, then you’ll be able to understand a way to block the automatic driver installs. So just read the provided instructions and apply them carefully.
4 Ways to Disable Driver Updates in Windows 10
Tweak Windows 10 Services
- Press Windows + R keys from your keyboard.
- Execute services.msc from the Run box.
- Locate Windows Update and double-click on it.
- Expand the Startup type menu and select Disabled
- Now click on the Apply button.
- Thereafter, restart your PC.
Get Troubleshoot Tool
- Click here to download wushowhide from Microsoft.
- Once the file is downloaded, launch it on your Windows 10 PC.
- Make the appropriate selections like which drivers you don’t want to update.
Uninstall Driver Updates
- Hit Win + R buttons simultaneously.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- When the device manager opens, right-click on your desired device and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Driver tab.
- At last, click on Roll Back Driver.
Use Driver Fusion
By any chance, if none of the above-provided methods works for you, then here’s what you can do. Just use any third-party software like Driver Fusion to Disable Driver Updates in Windows 10. For that, you just have to download the software’s file from their official website and start using it like any other software.
The most efficient quality of this program is that it lets you select the version of your desired driver. So if you are having trouble with the latest version of installed drivers, this program will be a lot of help to you.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.