Table of Contents
A web browser is supposed to help you bring further convenience into your online experience. Yes, it should also be able to protect your device from online threats. But that doesn’t mean that its algorithms should be able to annoy you. A user should always be allowed to visit his desired websites.
Sometimes a specific product starts to deliver services that can start to act like a burden on its consumer’s shoulder. For instance, This website does not supply ownership information error on firefox. Such an issue is caused because of the site you are trying to visit, it hasn’t enabled SSL certificate.
5 Ways to fix this website does not supply ownership information
Try An Alternative
The services you are getting in Firefox, they are also available in other web browsers. So maybe it’s time you start using another utility, but the one that doesn’t annoy you at all. And if you ask for my recommendation, then my money in on Google Chrome or Edge Chromium.
Buy SSL Certificate
For consumers who own a website and facing this error, they should buy the SSL certificate. Because most of the famous web browsers will keep giving This website does not supply ownership information error unless it’s supported by the SSL. So may it’s time for an upgrade to stick with the current age of the internet.
Redirect HTTP Pages
If you’ve enabled the SSL certificate, but still facing this error, then here’s what you can do. You need to locate the web pages on your site that still support HTTP. Once you are successful in locating such pages, just redirect them manually to HTTPS protocols.
Add Trusted Websites Manually
- Launch the Firefox web browser.
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Privacy & Security from the left-side menu.
- Under the Logins and Passwords tab, click on Exceptions
- Enter the URL of a website that you are trying to visit
- Afterward, click on the Save Changes button.
Turn Off SSL Check
- After launching Firefox, navigate to about:config URL.
- Click on Accept the Risk and Continue
- Make a search for security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling
- Click on the toggle to change the value from true to false
- Relaunch Firefox.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.