Table of Contents
The Windows Feature Pack is a heap of updates. These updates contain fixes, augmentations, operation improvements, and so on. Windows Feature Packs are basically cumulative updates that are released by Microsoft.
Windows 10 N version is different from the regular Windows 10 versions. The N version of Windows 10 comes without the media playing Capabilities dedicated to a specific region. But, if N version users want to install Media Feature Pack in Windows 10 than it is also possible and simple to do. Actually Media Feature pack is already present in the N version but not enabled by default. The Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 will install Media Player and related technologies.
End-user customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 (KB3145500). This is the list of features that will not run on Windows 10 N versions unless you install Media Feature Pack in N Version Windows 10.
What features Media Feature Pack includes for Windows 10N
The following features will not work in any Windows 10 N or KN editions unless you install the media feature pack:
- Windows Media Player
- Groove Music
- Voice recorder
- WMF Windows Media format (ASF)
- Video and audio formats including MPEG, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, H264, H265, and Dolby digital audio codecs.
- Windows Media DRM content
- Sharing over the network (music, pictures, or videos).
Procedure to Install Media Feature Pack in Windows 10 N/KN Version 2004
- Open the Windows Settings (Windows key +i).
- Navigate to Apps.
- Click on the Optional Features link.
- Click on Add a feature button.
- Search for “media” in the search field.
- Media Feature Pack and Windows Media Player, these 2 options will appear.
- Look for both Media Feature Pack and Windows Media Player.
- Click on the Install button.
By chance, if you got failed to install the Media Feature Pack in Windows 10 version, you must have to check the internet connection. Stable and good quality internet connection is a must for the successful installation. After restarting the router, try again to install the file and this time you will be successful hopefully.