Table of Contents
Microsoft Word is a graphical word processing program that users can type with. The sole purpose of this application is to allow users to type and save documents. Similar to other word processors, it has helpful tools to make documents.
Don’t know how to activate Microsoft Windows and utilize its unlocked version?
Don’t worry just follow these easy steps to find the solution you need.
Microsoft Word Not Been Activated? Here Is How You Can Do It
Many users have reported that their Microsoft Word hasn’t been activated. This is despite purchasing it from the website.
Many reasons can cause this issue. Read this article to the end to find the permanent solution.
1. Make sure you’re covered
- Visit the Microsoft services page to check if your plan has expired.
- Scroll to the bottom and find the Help with Microsoft Account section.
- Read up on options like recurring billing to automate payments at the end of each plan.
- Scroll to the top of the page and select your subscription under the Microsoft 365.
- Follow the prompt to renew your plan or choose a new one.
- We urge you to read up on the full specs before making your choice. This method will only activate Microsoft Word if you are late on updating your subscription.
2. Check your login credentials
- Sign in with the email address used to purchase your current Microsoft Office plan.
- Login to your Microsoft Account and navigate to your Services tab.
- Open Microsoft Word and press Alt + F.
- Navigate to Account and double click.
Users with the correct email account and an existing plan may still see that Microsoft Word is not activated. For such users, deactivation is most likely caused by software issues or faulty settings.
3. Check for installed versions of Microsoft Office
- Go to Control Panel and double click on Programs and Features
- Uninstall all versions of Microsoft Office but leave the latest one untouched.
- After all, the uninstall/uninstalls, reboot your PC, and subsequently login to Word to check activation status.
4. Reset your computers date, time, and time zone settings
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Navigate to Settings and then Time and Language.
- Once in the Date & Time menu, turn on the Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically options.
- Your time should be updated to the time zone you’re in. If not, turn off the set time zone automatically option and manually select your time zone.
When you restart Microsoft Word, the calibration of your new time will enable your computer to communicate with the Microsoft Office server and any pending activation request will be queued and executed
5. Troubleshoot Microsoft Word
- For Microsoft 365 users, download the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- Run the downloaded .exe file and click install. The install itself is fairly straightforward and offers no customization.
- When the program executes, you will be prompted to log in. Enter the email that was used to purchase Microsoft 365.
- Follow the prompt to troubleshoot.
- For Office 2019 or Office 2016, download the Activation Troubleshooter. The install and usage are also fairly similar to the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
Microsoft Word is one of the most versatile programs given its usage and popularity. However, this also means that the bugs will be just as multifaceted.
It is important to be aware of system irregularities or changes when you face this issue. Your knowledge of your system coupled with our guide should resolve this problem.
Hope so this tutorial was helpful, We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us.
Regards: Team Windows Boy.