Instagram is undoubtfully one of the most popular social networks on the planet. After Facebook, if we heard other social app name then it will be Instagram. It is currently owned by Facebook. It was the year 2012, the month of April when the deal of this legendary network was done. Facebook bought the network along with 14 employees at the record deal of 1 billion dollars. And, now this platform worth is near to “no price” or “unboughtable”. It costs more than than 60 billion dollars. So that was the initial introduction to Instagram. Now we ware coming back on topic i.e How to download Instagram photos on your desktop.
Instagram has taken care of people’s privacy. You can’t download someone’s stuff, neither the post nor the stories. Instagram doesn’t allow these options by default. Only you can save the following account post that will stay within the saved items folder located in your profile under the three-line icon.
How to Download Instagram Photos on Desktop/Laptop:
To download photos or videos from Instagram you have to install a specific tool for browser. The Instagram download extension s are available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.
- Download the Image Downloader for Instagram Chrome extension from the webstore.
- Visit the Instagram Login page on the Chrome Browser.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Click on the Image Downloader for Instagram extension icon at the bar to activate it.
- Now you will notice, you will see a download icon on every Instagram post on your feed or another page.
- You can click that download icon of any post you want to save on your computer.
You can also download Instagram Stories on your Desktop or Laptop. Here is how you can do it.
- Navigate to the News Feed on Instagram.
- Choose the persons profile whom story you want to download.
- Click on the download icon to present the top left of the story.
This extension is not for downloading videos from Instagram. If you want a tool to download videos from Insta too! You need to visit the Savefrom.net website. Click on the three-dotted icons present at the right top of the Instagram video you want to download. Click on the Copy URL option.
Paste the URL on the Savefrom.net search bar. Click on the download option, it will take you to the Video Player tab. Click on the three-dotted icons and press the download button.