Just like Chameleons, Windows 10 has its different colors. Sometimes it would make you feel like there’s nothing better than using such an operating system. But at several moments, this operating system can be really annoying that could become only a headache for you.
Most of the laptop users have complained about having trouble with the left & right clicks in Windows 10. So if you are one of such users, I’m here to help. I’ll provide several ways to Fix Can’t Click Anything on Desktop in Windows 10. Let’s start with the easiest method.
4 Ways to Fix Can’t Click Anything on Desktop in Windows 10
- Open the task manager with one of the following workarounds:
- Pressing Ctrl+Shift+ Del button
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Once the task manager is launched, keep pressing the Tab button from your keyboard until the Windows Explorer is selected.
- Use down arrows from your keyboard to select End task.
- Press enter to confirm your action.
- Now press Windows + R button.
- Type Explorer.exe in the box and hit enter.
- Afterward, start using your mouse.
See for pending updates
- Launch Windows 10 settings from the start menu.
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates
- If you are asked to update, then let follow the onscreen instructions to complete the task.
- If not then close the window and imply the other method.
Perform a system restore
- Type System Restore in the Cortana bar and click on create a restore point.
- Under the System Protection tab, click on System Restore
- Click on Next
- Now select the date & time that’s before the period you got this error.
- At last, click on Next and allow your operating system to Rollback the update.
Check for error in Input devices and third-party software
If nothing seems to be helpful for you, then there may be something wrong with your mouse or keyboard. Try changing both of these devices and then there’s another thing. If you installed a third-party application from an untrusted source, then uninstall it immediately. Try doing these two things and then restart to your PC to bypass Can’t Click Anything on Desktop error in Windows 10.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.