The default apps in Windows 10 are good and uncomfortable. But there are some people who never want wish to try new things, just because they are bored by the built-in programs. So if you are one of those, who wish to customize their operating system according to their needs, I’m here to help.
In ordinary, it should not be difficult to set any app to open a particular type. Still, there are users who’ve complained that they are unable to claim such a reward. So here, I’ll discuss How To Fix Cannot Change Windows 10 Default Apps error. Keep reading the article until you bypass this issue.
4 Ways To Fix Cannot Change Windows 10 Default Apps
Reinstall the problematic app
- Press Windows + S keys.
- Launch Control Panel from the search bar.
- Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program
- Now uninstall the problematic app.
- For reinstalling the app, right-click on its installation file and select Run as administrator
- Once done, check if it works.
Set default apps partially
- Open file destination of your desired files.
- Right-click on the file of whom you want to change the default app.
- Now navigate to Open with>>Choose another app
- After selecting the right app, check Always use this app checkbox.
- Click on the Ok button.
Reset your account
- Launch Windows 10 Settings.
- Navigate to Accounts
- Hit Sign in with a local account instead
- Log out of your Microsoft account.
- Reboot your computer and once it starts, re-enter your Microsoft account.
Rollback Windows 10 update
- Press Windows + I keys.
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Recovery from the left-side menu.
- Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10, click on Get started
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
- Allow your PC to restart, if asked.
All of the above-provided methods to Fix Cannot Change Windows 10 Default Apps error were easy. By any chance, if you are facing any trouble in performing them, don’t hesitate to contact us.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.