Table of Contents
Do you have hundreds or thousands of photos in various folders on your Windows 10 computer? Gone are the days when you had to press the space key, and the up and down page keys to browse photos. When it comes to browsing the different images stored on your system, it is best to view them in a slideshow. Slideshows enhance the viewing experience of your images when you add videos similar to images that would otherwise be stagnant. If you want to see your images in a clear slideshow in Windows 10, this guide can be very helpful.
View photos as a slideshow in Windows 10
There are four ways to display images or photos as a slideshow in Windows 10. Let’s take a closer look at each of these methods.
1] Use the Slideshow function in Explorer
- In “File Explorer”, navigate to the folder containing all the images you want to see in a slideshow.
- In the Pictures folder, click on the first picture to include in the slideshow, now press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, and click on the last picture. This action selects all the images between the first and the last selected image.
- You can select individual images by holding down the Ctrl key and then clicking on each image individually to add them to the slideshow.
- Now select the “Manage” option that appears on the top ribbon under “Imaging Tools”
- Select the “Slideshow” option to start the photo slideshow.
- As soon as you click on the “Slideshow” option, all the selected images appear one by one. To exit the slideshow, press the “ESC” key on your keyboard. In addition, to display advanced slideshow controls, right-click on the screen.
- Click “Loop” to run continuous images
- To adjust the image transition speed, click on “Slow”, “Medium” or “Fast”.
- To modify the images manually, click on “Pause” and to return to automatic mode, click on “Play”.
It is one of the easiest and most convenient methods to run a slideshow in Windows 10
2] Use the Windows Photos app
The Windows Photos app hides many features, one of which is the built-in slide maker. This app is pretty simple, just make sure to upload your photo folder to the app, and the Photos app will produce an attractive digital slideshow.
- Go to the “Photos” application in the “Start menu”. Click on “Folders”.
- If you don’t see your photo folder, click on “Choose where to look” which appears in “Don’t see all your photos“
- Now click on the option “Add a folder”
- Select the photo folder and click on the “Slideshow” option that appears in the upper right corner.
- This will start the slideshow of the selected folder. To stop the slideshow, click the “ESC key” or simply click anywhere on the screen with the mouse.
3] Use other apps to view slideshows
For many users, the Photos app may not be the default photo viewer. In such cases, users can run slide shows in other Windows programs; These programs include Windows Photo Viewer, Photo Gallery, and Picasa. Among these, Windows Photo Viewer is a popular option; This app has been replaced by the Photos app, but it can be restored with this guide. To use this application to display images in a slideshow:
- Open Windows Photo Viewer or just click on an image.
- Now click on the round icon at the bottom center. This starts the photo slideshow.
- To exit, click on the “ESC key”.
- Other programs, such as the photo gallery, offer animated options, including “Cinematic” and “Pan” and “Zoom”. So if you have natural images, they can come to life like no other.
4] View images as a slideshow on your desktop
In this method, the slideshow will reproduce the images as the desktop background. To configure the display of images in a folder as a slideshow on your desktop, follow these steps:
- In the “Start menu”, go to “Settings”
- Click on “Personalization”
- Right, under “Background”, click and select “Slideshow”
- By default, the selected folder is “Images”. You can press “Browse” under “Choose albums for your slideshow” to change the location of the default image.
- Finally, in the “Change the image each” option, select from 1 minute to 1 day to decide how often you want a new image to be displayed on your Windows 10 desktop.
- The slideshow plays the images in the same order as in the folder that begins with the first image. You can choose “Shuffle” for the random sequence of images.